Sunday, September 21, 2014

MAD - Initial Ideas

During our first big group MAD meeting around a month ago, Victoria and I found something in common - we both wanted to help out the ICS community with cleaning and organizing. We formed a small group because of that. Tiffany soon joined us during that first big group MAD meeting. Rachel joined us during the second MAD meeting. We then shared some ideas on what we wanted to do.

These were a few of our initial ideas:
- Cleaning up the art room (gets messy, especially after painting classes)
- Helping the library organize (books, etc.)
- Helping teachers that are injured or could use some organizational help (Mrs. Hunter, Mrs. Wilson, etc.)

We're still coming up with ideas, but our main focus is to help the ICS community with cleaning and organizing.

To my group, I've proposed an idea about going to the food bank and helping out. That idea was put down because many people were not free on Saturdays. No problem. I will still go there myself to help out (this coming Saturday I will help out at the food bank). I'm also interested in Kiva (kiva.org). According to the senior in charge of managing it in ICS, it can count as a MAD project. In Kiva, you provide loans to those who need it. The people who receive the loans can use the money to buy seeds, textiles, appliances, etc. I thought about doing it for my MAD project, but I wanted to do something that can help the community in HK, including the ICS community. So, I've decided to stick with my group, participate in the food bank, and work with Kiva all at the same time. My main MAD project will still be helping the ICS community with cleaning and organizing.

Right now, my group and I need to think of steps and fill out the MAD proposal form by this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment