Tuesday, March 10, 2015

MAD Update (March 10, 2015)

Today, for my MAD project, Rachel, Victoria, and I helped Mrs. Wilson to make a pi bulletin board. From now on, every one will help Mrs. Wilson on Tuesday because only one person can make it on Monday. Tiffany was absent, so she couldn't attend. Anyways, we came up with a design to make a tree and have the numbers of pi emerging out of it, spreading across the length of the board. I mainly constructed the tree. Rachel came up with the idea to use pins and string to make the tree. You put pins on the outline of the shape you want, and then you use string to wrap around, over, or under the pins to form a shape. (pictures will be put on soon). I helped to cut out a few cartoons Mrs. Wilson printed out.

As we are nearing the end of our MAD project, it made me think about helping teachers. This MAD project has allowed me to greater understand and appreciate what teachers in ICS do. They put in a lot of effort to help us learn through interesting ways. Mrs. Wilson changes her bulletin board every unit to keep the students interested in math. I really admire that about her. Applying this to my life, I should continue to do the best in whatever task I am given, whether it regard teaching, projects, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment