Friday, December 12, 2014

Community Service Cafe - November 8, 2014

On November 8, I went with three other students and served at Tung Wah Community Cafe in Mong Kok. A volunteer explained to us about the purpose and functions that the Tung Wah Community Cafe provides. Those with financial needs can have cheaper meals. After informing us about the history of this cafe, he passed us some aprons and assigned us roles. I worked with one other student and was in charge of cleaning up after those who ate. We would get their trays and put the used plates, cups, and utensils in the correct bucket. After that, we would get a damp towel and wipe down the table. Finally, we would push in the chairs and get the table set for the next customer. In addition to this, I would also help the elderly order and/or get their food.


This was the first time I served in a community cafe. It was a really great experience. I hope that I would be able to serve there again.

Act 20:35 - In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, "It is more blessed to give than to receive."

No comments:

Post a Comment