Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Show Choir Domestic Helper Open Day - January 18, 2015

This has been one of the most meaningful and enjoyable services I have ever participated in. I heard that a domestic helper received a new phone in a lucky draw, and it was her birthday! :)  I originally signed up to help at the "vintage shop". But in the end, I ended up doing many different roles. I was also a food server, an usher, and I helped at other booths too. It didn't matter. When the "vintage shop" was open (basically a free clothes station), all the domestic helpers rushed in and took the clothing. In 10-15 minutes, 95% of the clothing was gone. I helped to advertise the card-making booth and passed out free cards. I gave directions and help to those who needed it. When the event was over, I was part of the "tear-down crew" and removed posters and decorations.

I loved serving the domestic helpers. Domestic helpers sacrifice a lot to come to Hong Kong to serve us, so serving them was a nice change. It brought warmth to my heart when I saw the joy in their faces.




No comments:

Post a Comment